Pay by EFT or bank deposit for guaranteed anonymity. A unique payment reference number will be generated once you complete the order form below.
Order the oral HIV home test kit for only R119
The oral HIV test kit uses your saliva instead of blood to test for HIV
Are you scared of being pricked? Now there is a method that uses your saliva insted of your blood. The oral hiv test kits tests for antibodies in your saliva that is produced when you have the HIV/AIDS virus. Below you can see what comes with the HIV test kit as well as you are able to download the oral HIV test kit instructions.
How do I use the oral HIV home test kit?
Click on the heading below for step by step instructions
View/ Download the instructions on how to use the HIV test kit (PDF).
This is a test to determine the presence of HIV antibodies in Human oral fluid.
This is a screening test only and all positive results must be followed up with an alternate test and counseling. Certain medical conditions may impact on the accuracy of the test, and should be queried with your physician.
MATERIALS AND REAGENTS SUPPLIED FOR TEST
Individually packed test cards,oral fluid sampler, extraction tube containing 1ml buffer solution, plastic dropper, a desiccant (only for storage purposes and not used in the test procedure) and a package inser
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
1. All positive results must be confirmed with by alternate method
2. Treat all specimens as potentially infectious; protective gloves should be worn when handling specimens
3. Icteric, lipemic, hemolysed, heat treated and contaminated blood may cause erroneous results
4. Don't eat, drink or smoke in the area where the specimen is handled
5. Do not use kit materials beyond the expiry date
6. Do not interchange reagents from different kits
7. Do not re-use the test strip or any single use accessories
HOW TO USE HIV ORAL FLUID TEST
For full details of this product please refer to the package insert. This is a simplified guide to using the test kit.
1. The test kit must be at room temperature.
2. Gently gargle your mouth with lukewarm water which has been boiled.
3. Remove an oral fluid sampler from the sealed package by tearing the notch (Do not touch the white side (sampling side)
4. Gently wipe along the upper and lower gums from one corner of the mouth slowly to the other corner. Repeat this action.(5-6 seconds).
5. Turn the oral sampler over.
6. Wipe the lower gum line from one side to the other side. Repeat this action. (5-6 seconds).
7. Insert the oral fluid sampler into the extraction tube
8. Hold the green handle of the oral fluid sampler and immerse the white sampling side into the buffer (liquid).
9. Scratch up and down 6-8 times against the inside of the extraction tube.
10. Remove the testing device from the foil pouch and place it on a level surface.
11. Holding the sample dropper vertically, add 4 drops of the prepared specimen
12. Wait for 15 minutes and read the results. Do not read the results after 30 minutes.
How do we deliver the HIV home test kit?
You can decide how you would like to receive your HIV test kit.
We do not use the post office any longer as most parcels were never received.
The best option is to have your parcel couriered to your door. This service carries a charge of R75 and is most effective in the Pretoria and Johannesburg areas. Note that the courier fee is different for different areas.
In order to make use of the same day courier option your payment would need to be received by us before 10am. Should your payment be received after 10am we will dispatch your parcel the following morning.
To ensure complete discretion we will never mark the packaging with details of the contents.
HIV Test kits look different in different countries but the goal remains the same. Testing privately and quickly.
Depending on suppliers we may have HIV kits that vary slightly from
the photos on this website.
National AIDS HELPLINE
0800 012 322
National HIV Health Care Workers Hotline 0800 212 506
Above: the single use HIV home test kit supplied by us.
If you have noticed the symptoms of HIV then you should get an HIV screening test done as soon as possible. The symptoms of HIV are similar to the flu, things to look out for are:
- sore muscles & joints
- stomach pains
- lymph glands that are swollen
- a skin rash that lasts a couple weeks
Benefits of the oral HIV home test kit:
- Be certain about your status, some symptoms may be misleading
- Test for HIV in the privacy of your home
- 99.9% accurate
- Takes only 15 minutes to get HIV test results
- Pay by EFT or bank deposit for maximum anonymity.
- Easy to use, easy to dispose of
- Peace of mind in minutes
More information about testing for HIV using the home HIV test kits
- HIV Test kits have a shelf life of 2 years.
- HIV test kits are available from clinics but you must be tested by a nurse.
- For any questions please call us on 011 482 5135